jump to navigation

Jason Meets Miss Web 3.0 – Trying to Figure out Web 3.0 October 4, 2007

Posted by John in Technology.
trackback

Jason runs into Miss Web 3.0 and the conversation goes like this…

Jason:  Hi there.  Who are you?  What’s your name?

Miss Web 3.0:  Whatever you want me to be!

I love Jason’s passion.  He is one of those entrepreneurs who makes things happen.  However in his attempt to define Web 3.0 in his blog he comes up real short.  I have been enjoying the commentary on TechMeme.

What is Web 3.0?  Answer: a conference that will be announced soon.  I have the venue already booked.

I have a definition of Web 3.0.  I just don’t want to chime in because it will get me in trouble will all my friends.  That being said Web 3.0 will intersect every sector of content, communications, software, computing, and collaboration.  There will never be a good definition.   We know one thing for certain about Web 3.0 – there will be  conference on it.

Here are some great discussions to Jason’s post.   Nick Carr on an entertaining postFred Wilson hates the concept calling it nonsenseMatthew Ingram as always is informative and entertainingJosh Kopleman puts his views out there as an investor looking for the next implict investment.  

Although I disagree with Jason’s definition, I credit him for starting this conversation – it needs to happen anyway … why not now.   

Comments»

1. Jason - October 4, 2007

Honestly, it was 90% linkbait intended to show how the TechMeme leaderboard is meaningless and the tech blogosphere has become the ultimate echo chamber.

Do a very tired post about a very tired topic (Web 3.0) and put one word in the title to create an explosion: “official.”

Everyone back to work..🙂

best j

2. podtech - October 4, 2007

Jason made his point! I believe that what Jason did is a great example of how early it is in collorative filtering. Right now we are all ape dying to walk erect.

3. Mathew Ingram - October 5, 2007

Only 90 per cent linkbait, Jason? That makes me wonder about the other 10 per cent🙂

4. Calacanis: Web 3.0 is whatever I say it is - - mathewingram.com/work - October 5, 2007

[…] the post was mostly sincere, and just the word “official” was linkbait — but in a comment on the Podtech blog he says the post was “90 per cent linkbait.” Tags: Calacanis, […]

5. MyKinda Технологии » Blog Archive » Web 3.0, според Jason Calacanis - October 7, 2007

[…] Какво е Web 3.0? Отговорът на John Furrier, основател на Podtech.net: конференция, която скоро ще бъде […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: