I will be moderating a panel that is sponsored by Volomedia at NewTeeVee Live. It will be a workshop on content monetization at the NewTeeVee Live conference in San Francisco this Thursday, November 13 at 3pm.
Pennies today, Dollars tomorrow. Learn how make money in the media transition as Television moves to the Internet.
As content moves from controlled programming to a decentralized, multi-platform distribution model, solutions are required to engage, measure and ultimately monetize this audience. The session will explore this cross-over from television to online and devices, and discuss opportunities while maintaining control of your digital distribution for the anywhere, anytime audience.
- John Furrier, Founder, Furrier.org
- George Ruiz, Head of New Media and SVP Business Affairs, International Creative Management
- Susan Bratton, CEO and Co-Founder, Personal Life Media; Vice Chairman, Association for Downloadable Media
- Murgesh Navar, Founder, VoloMedia
- David Smith, Founder and CEO, Mediasmith
I hope to get to address the following types of questions
• Environment: real-time verses asynchronous, social network, web sites, blogs, podcasts, ..etc
• Distribution: reach, metrics
• User: Online content viewer, preferred method of consumption, how do you define good content?
• Advertiser: social media, engagement, loyalty, conversion?
• Other: iPhone, downloadable, streaming, content development, distribution systems, content franchises, affiliate models
Value proposition of content online? What is an example of a successful content franchise?
Value of content or value of brand?
Success models of content deployments
Content formula: Speed and Control;
Speed: (slow verses fast) and Control (high vs low)
Open distribution: sampling verses giving away the ‘store’
Tasting (sampling) ? SNL verses Olympics
Concept of a viewer? Is it the same as broadcast? Does the notion of a “viewer” matter online?
Is there risk in being open or is risk overstated?
Is there a ‘holy grail’ metric for content publishers? Engagement, viewers/listeners, loyalty, commerce, ..etc ?
Content models: ad supported verses subscription – are there any other kinds?
Business model: is it just promotion or is there a “there there”?
Are ad networks working?
What are advertisers looking for in the new tee vee environment?
Role of brands? Is it about the brand?
Role of the agency?
What works what doesn’t work?
Audience engagement – what does it mean? Benefits to advertisers?
When does an advertiser know when it’s working? Are there identifiable tipping points out there?
How do they plan for future campaigns?
Budgeting and media buying of the future?
Here is a video of George Ruiz – Taken by Tim Street in LA. George is an agent and talent king and has been a successful film studio exec and negotiator.